The Senate voted along party lines 51 – 48, then the Republican House successfully used their majority to confirm the GOP plans to:
1. End coverage for preexisting conditions, veterans benefits, and aid to rural hospitals.
2. Remove discrimination protection for women in healthcare.
3. Against the provision allowing children to remain on their parent’s insurance till the age of 26.
4. Cut off funding for the Child Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
5. Against ACA contraceptive coverage and maternity care provision.
6. To direct committees to send budget legislation to defund and repeal the Affordable Care Act. (ACA aka Obamacare)
7. No more requirement for private insurance to accept people with preexisting conditions and they can now reinstate lifetime caps for coverage once again.
Senator Elizabeth Warren’s staff member said that what would help the most would be to call the five Republican senators who have broken away from the GOP to demand a slow down of the ACA repeal. Tell them how much you appreciate their efforts to stop the train wreck and share your story.
Senator Bob Corker – (202) 224-3344
Senator Lisa Murkowski – (202) 224-6665
Senator Rob Portman – (202) 224-3353
Senator Susan Collins – (202) 224-2523
Senator Bill Cassidy – (202) 224-5824