The Senate voted along party lines 51 – 48, then the Republican House successfully used their majority to confirm the GOP plans to:
1. End coverage for preexisting conditions, veterans benefits, and aid to rural hospitals.
2. Remove discrimination protection for women in healthcare.
3. Against the provision allowing children to remain on their parent’s insurance till the age of 26.
4. Cut off funding for the Child Health Insurance Program (CHIP).
5. Against ACA contraceptive coverage and maternity care provision.
6. To direct committees to send budget legislation to defund and repeal the Affordable Care Act. (ACA aka Obamacare)
7. No more requirement for private insurance to accept people with preexisting conditions and they can now reinstate lifetime caps for coverage once again.
Senator Elizabeth Warren’s staff member said that what would help the most would be to call the five Republican senators who have broken away from the GOP to demand a slow down of the ACA repeal. Tell them how much you appreciate their efforts to stop the train wreck and share your story.
Senator Bob Corker – (202) 224-3344
Senator Lisa Murkowski – (202) 224-6665
Senator Rob Portman – (202) 224-3353
Senator Susan Collins – (202) 224-2523
Senator Bill Cassidy – (202) 224-5824
|Photo by David Swoyer Dec 2014|
The importance of diabetic foot care and some Do’s & Don’ts.
Washing your feet with warm or tepid water and soap every day keeps them clean and gives you a good chance to do that daily inspection.
Applying a moisturizing lotion to your feet once or twice a day can also help keep your skin healthy and moist.
Even with the best foot care, it would be hard to go through life without developing a callus or corn on your feet.
The drugstore is a good place to pick up two first-aid essentials: antibiotic ointment and adhesive bandages (such as Band-Aids). If you see no appreciable improvement within 24 hours, call your doctor immediately.
For many people, the regular toenail trimmers or clippers sold at the drugstore are safe for home use. Toenails should be cut straight across or following the natural curve of the toe.
You can do a lot to keep your feet healthy. In addition to protecting the skin on your feet by making smart drugstore purchases, you can extend their life by maintaining blood glucose control, following a heart-healthy diet, getting regular exercise, and wearing properly fitted diabetic shoes.